JOIN US AS WE PIVOT AND GROW
Support Farm Table to Help Regenerative Family Farmers Restore Soil Health,
Protect Groundwater, Practice Humane Animal Management, and Grow REAL Food
Your Contribution Matched Dollar-for-Dollar up to $100,000
The challenges seem to get bigger every day: climate change, corporate dominance, food waste, hunger, and serious health issues, just to name a few. What can any one person do?
YOU can make a difference by supporting efforts close to home! Your food choices can help protect land and water, and support small family farms that use regenerative practices to produce delicious, highly nutritious foods.
It's why your donation to Farm Table matters. YOUR contribution will
- Boost the income of small family farms growing food packed with nutrition and great taste
- Help farmers rebuild soil health, prevent erosion, protect water, and treat livestock humanely. It's what our farmers do!
- Help re-establish a healthier food system, one grounded on positive environmental impact, whole foods, better income to farmers, and a better local economy
Farm Table Restaurant is the major program of the Farm Table Foundation, a 501 (c) 3 organization. Because we're committed to regenerative agriculture, Farm Table is one of the few places where you can taste, see and feel the deep connections between what we eat and how it's grown.
About our Partner Farmers
We regularly purchase from over three dozen, small-scale family farms ranging in size from 5 to 300+ acres. They use regenerative practices:
- Intensively managed grazing - of cattle, sheep, goats to sequester carbon (a greenhouse gas) in the soil and out of the atmosphere
- Cover cropping - to prevent erosion and to fertilize the soil
- Low-till/no-till planting - injecting seeds into the soil instead of plowing wide furrows that release carbon into the air
- Mulching - instead of using herbicides, they use cover materials between the plant rows to prevent erosion, suppress weeds and preserve moisture
- Choosing plants and livestock that thrive in our climate and our terrain without lots of chemical boosters
In the last two years, we've also expanded to
- Provide local farmers with a retail outlet -- called Deeply Rooted -- right in our restaurant
- Learn what support regenerative farmers need to keep improving
- Offer "grab-and-go" and "take-and-bake" meals. They've become favorites.
- Partner with Cooked2Serve, a local nonprofit to deliver delicious, healthful meals to children and Polk County families in need
2021 was both rewarding and a CONTINUING CHALLENGE
Challenged & Excited for 2022, and Beyond
These last two years tested all of us. Two additional factors intensified our challenge: we lost over half of our operating budget for 2021, and road construction halted main street traffic most the year.
That said, we're eager for the future because our partnership network is strong and building. It includes
- Regenerative farmers
- Farmer-led efforts that are reducing runoff into the rivers and lakes of the Lower St. Croix Watershed (includes the Twin Cities and other large metro areas)
- Like-minded local organizations. For example, our public schools help students visit local sustainable farms and experience the links between regenerative farming, health and community vitality
- Volunteers who regularly devote their valuable time, energies and expertise to keep Farm Table clicking
YOU. Your partnership is key to our success. Your support makes a difference!
SUPPORT FARM TABLE TODAY
Here are examples of your donations at work!
Supporting Families on a Budget
When COVID first hit, Farm Table PROVIDED OVER 600 COMPLIMENTARY MEALS to families on a tight budget. We now partner with the Cooked2Serve program to provide nutritious meals to families and children in need.25 Instructional Gardening Videos!
During COVID, our Victory Garden project helped hundreds of eager gardeners purchase "veggie gardens in a tray." Check out our YouTube Channel for instructional videos. And visit your local garden center to keep real food growing.
Local Farms and Farm Table's Restaurant
Farm Table purchases up to 80% of ingredients from regenerative farms working to restore our soils, protect groundwater, manage livestock humanely and keep greenhouse gases out of the atmosphere.
Private Classes and Programs
In response to visitors, we're providing more opportunities for private classes/programs that serve up deliciousness, and information about how we're working together to restore soil health and community vitality.
Thousands Enjoy These YouTube Classes
Visit our YouTube channel for a large selection of free classes about cooking, baking and gardening.
Make a Real Difference by Supporting
Local Food, Local Farms, Our Natural Resources
Your contribution will be matched dollar-for-dollar thanks
to a generous $100,000 grant from an anonymous donor
And thanks to Dragonfly Gardens and Peter Henry for their generous support.